Access Manager accesses the Internet in 3 situations:
- When you select 'Check for Updates' on the Help menu, the program checks on the Access Manager web site to see if there is a newer version of the software than the one that you are currently using.
- When you click on a Notes Link, Access Manager launches your default web browser.
- Occasionally, when a report is run, the reporting engine component of Access Manager checks for the publisher's certificate revocation at Verisign.com.
It is not advisable to disable this security check, but if you want to, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer
- Click Internet Options on the Tools menu
- Click the Advanced tab
- Go to the Security section
- Uncheck 'Check for publisher’s certificate revocation'
- Click OK
If you don't want Access Manager to access the Internet, you can instruct your firewall software to block Access Manager. If you do this, the reports will still operate as normal but the Notes Links may not function.